The Maryland Transportation Authority (MDTA) and the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) are following a two-tiered NEPA process for the Bay Crossing Study. The Tier 2 Study will build upon the Tier 1 findings to:
- refine the Purpose and Need to focus on Corridor 7;
- evaluate a No Build alternative and a range of build alternatives including various alignments, crossing types and modal and operational alternatives (e.g. transit, ferries, etc.);
- evaluate traffic, engineering, and environmental impacts;
- provide public involvement and comment opportunities;
- identify a Selected Alternative; and
- identify mitigation measures for unavoidable environmental impacts.
*Schedule is preliminary and subject to change.